Homemade Chocolate Truffle Candies
1-2 c white chocolate
Paste based food coloring
3 c dark or milk chocolate
1 14 oz can of sweet and condensed milk
*Optional for the fall season: 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice + 2 tsp of cinnamon
1. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and add orange food coloring (if you so desire) to create a pumpkin-orange chocolate color. I have a pumpkin shaped mini cupcake silicone mold that I use for my pumpkin candies but any shape can be used.
2. Coat the inside of the candy shell molds with the colored white chocolate and place in the freezer to set.
3. While candies are in the freezer mix together 3 cups of dark chocolate with the can of sweet and condensed milk. Heat the mixture in the microwave until the chocolate is completely melted.
4. Allow the dark chocolate truffle mixture to cool to a temperature that is easily handled and then remove the chocolate candy mold from the freezer.
5. Spoon the dark chocolate truffle mixture into each candy mold, filling until almost completely full.
6. Take the remaining while chocolate and spread evenly over the top of the truffle layer until the mold is completely full.
7. Place the candies into the freezer and freeze until completely set (or hard).
8. Remove candies from the freezer and carefully remove them from their molds, allow candies to thaw to room temperature before consuming.